I WAKE up and I FADE to Wheezy
Look who I saw:

Wheezy hosted a book signing at Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena. I was surprised to find a standing-room-only room full of women and girls listening to her reading passages from "Fade." Then the audience asked questions of Wheezy and the other author, Cassandra Clare.
After the presentation, I got at the end of the line hoping that I could have a chance to chat with Wheezy for a while. However, more people who came in late lined up after me, so we didn't have a long chat.
When it was my "turn," I said, "I'm looking for someone named Wheezy." She came over, we hugged and talked for a few minutes. She mentioned a few of YOU by name and pointed out the acknowledgement page in "Fade." Not only does she mention her invisible friends, she mentioned the others in that other place, ifyouknowwhatimean.
I was so happy to meet her and be a part of her success. I really miss Wheezy's wit, wisdom, and playfulness on OT. She said that most of the Circle of people are on Twitter now. I think I'll join Facebook and Twitter after my vacation. Might as well keep up with the rest of cyberspace.

11 Comments:
Great picture, Puffy! You both look good, and it's good that you got to meet up with Wheezus -- wish she'd come up here north of the border. My daughter and a few of her friends would die to meet her.
The more I see others talk about Twitter, the more I'm thinking I ought to get involved with it. My concern is that it might eat up a lot of my time and I don't want to get into too many new things at once with big changes coming up in my workplace and a new set of responsibilities for me as a coordinator. Wouldn't look good to be twittering too much while trying to make an impression on the Big Guy.
What fun, Puffy! And a great pic of you both! Uh - you must be short? Because I don't think Wheezy is very tall. I have heard that she is very charming.
Twitter is fun. As the (former) TechNoir says: the best part of Twitter is that after 140 characters everyone has to stfu! So it's not a huge time-eater. Unless you decide to follow 600 people or something. I think I follow a dozen or so.
What a great picture Puffy.
I don't really remember Wheezy but it sure is cool to think she was an OT'er before fame came.
It was awesome to meet you and I'm so sorry we didn't have more time to spend together. Thank you so much for coming out to the signing. That was really cool of you, and your hubby too.
xo
Pepe, if we join twitter and facebook, we'll probably spend less time in other internet activities.
Swami, I'll look for you when I join twitter. How do we find people? I suppose we need to know real names for facebook and twitter. I feel more protected on OT and in my blog than I would on facebook where so many real life peeps would find me.
Thanks, MC. Now you'll know who to look for when WE finally get to meet!
I was thrilled to meet you, Lisa. You are truly missed. I hope the rest of your book tour goes well. Bravie says she'll have a chance to see you again in S.F. You reminded me of movie stars making their promotional tours. I'm wondering if all the book stores start to look alike and if you get any time to visit some sites in the cities you visit.
Wheezy's blog has a picture of the gathering at the book signing. I'm in the top left corner, standing up.
I see you, way back there!
How cool Puffy! Wheezy's voice is truly missed on OT, but she'd probably be too busy for us peons now anyway ;)
I am so gellus! She will be in NYC on Sunday and I cannot go. *pout*
How cool.
You both look great. Nice to see the Wheezus.
Great to see your picture,!.. You both looking as good, and it's good that you got to meet up with Wheezus -- wish she'd come up here north of the border.
replica rolex submariner john
Post a Comment
<< Home