BBVD on DWTS
So many initials! My friend's son is in the swing band, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. They'll be performing on Dancing With the Stars this Tuesday night, March 17. Look for the short one! His daughter is 4 1/2 years old. She commented to her mom, "Mommy, I noticed that some of the other girls have desserts in their lunch boxes. Would it be possible for me to have a dessert, too?" Too funny. Not as cute as Froody's Lauren, but still cute.
Julie Chen filmed a segment on "The Unit." This show is filmed in areas close to my home. They closed a few streets the other day and left notices on our front doors, to expect loud explosions. Last week, the Ellen DeGeneres show visited a woman in my town. I recognized the condo unit, which is very close by. The woman went into the "golddigger" cage to scoop up money. She stuffed the bills into her clothes as the money twirled around in the wind in the cage.
We rented a movie last weekend, "Frozen River." Melissa Leo, who I had never heard of before, was nominated for Best Actress in the movie. It was excellent. Then we re-watched it all over again, while the producer and director commented on each scene and the details behind the scenes. It was a low-budget movie and quite good. I like the extras that come with renting DVD's.
I went into Walgreens a couple of weeks ago. I found "2-buck choc," which is a play on Trader Joe's "2-buck chuck." It was a huge chunk of chocolate for $2. Loved the name, 2-buck choc!
Wheezy is coming to town! She'll be in several locations within an hour of here, so I'm going to see her at a book signing on March 27!

6 Comments:
What instrument does he play? That might make him easier to find than comparative height. I never miss DWTS but I always watch the Tuesday show on DVR so I can FF through musical numbers that don't appeal to me. Life is short, ya know?
I am NOT a Julie Chen fan. Were the explosions to blow her up?
Never saw that movie. I saw Escape to Witch Mountain this weekend.
2-buck choc? I so did not need to know about that!
Make her add five stars to her signature, just for old times sake. Her book made the nyt best seller's list again, no?
He plays the trumpet. Yes the explosions were to blow her up but they didn't work. Yep, NY Times bestseller list 3 weeks in a row. It's probably in it's 4th week now.
Oooh, I'm a fan of BBVD!
I agree with Swami, I hope Julie Chen was blown up.
Thanks for the movie recommendation!
I think I'm the only person in the universe that hasn't ever watched DWTS! I don't watch American Idol- maybe I have a fear of judges!
Okay - I saw him. He was the shortest trumpet player by about a foot! But he got to be right up front & center with the band.
Well, aren't you just rubbing shoulders with celebrities left and right *grin
I'll have to rent that as there's nothing of interest to me out there right now.
I don't think Wheezy's getting within 500 miles of me.
Post a Comment
<< Home