I am a little nervous, but I usually am before a trip. Then it all works out better than I had expected.
We're going to Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Wuhan, Shashi, on a Yangtze River cruise, Three Gorges Dam, Wu, Wanzian, Chongqing, Xian, Guilin, Kowloon, and Hong Kong.
Some of the sites and locations sound like places that the Amazing Race might visit. Here's one typical "TAR"-type description: "Board a local river craft and cruise the Li River, passing humped limestone peaks, fishermen astride bamboo rafts, washerwomen squatting on the shore, and water buffalo ambling down to the banks for a dip. Here you can see the captive cormorants with theirleashed necks, perched on rafts waiting for orders to go fishing."
I'll let you know if I see Phil Keoghan. By the way, TAR does go to China this season. However, when they show the China segments on the show, I'll already be there, so I won't get to see it before I leave.
9 Comments:
I didn't guess but I'd still like a gift. *hopeful look*
How about a pint of kung pao chicken?
Silly Puffy - everything is made in China.
Where in China?
Dang it. I hate when I'm wrong. :)
oooh. That sounds very exciting. I'd be tremendously nervous though.
Where in China? How long will you stay?
I am a little nervous, but I usually am before a trip. Then it all works out better than I had expected.
We're going to Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Wuhan, Shashi, on a Yangtze River cruise, Three Gorges Dam, Wu, Wanzian, Chongqing, Xian, Guilin, Kowloon, and Hong Kong.
Some of the sites and locations sound like places that the Amazing Race might visit. Here's one typical "TAR"-type description:
"Board a local river craft and cruise the Li River, passing humped limestone peaks, fishermen astride bamboo rafts, washerwomen squatting on the shore, and water buffalo ambling down to the banks for a dip. Here you can see the captive cormorants with theirleashed necks, perched on rafts waiting for orders to go fishing."
I'll let you know if I see Phil Keoghan. By the way, TAR does go to China this season. However, when they show the China segments on the show, I'll already be there, so I won't get to see it before I leave.
Oooh how exciting!
What is the weather like at that time of year?
Is the Great Wall on this trip?
Oh and I rule! I won! I won!
The weather should be in the mid 60's most of the time. It might be a little cool (for me) but that's better than trekking around in the heat.
We will be going to the Great Wall. I understand it's a rough climb, with lots of uneven steps.
Good for you Puffy! I love your trips almost as much as you. *grin*
Post a Comment
<< Home