Wedding Bells
I'm about to be a "mother-of-the-bride." My daughter is engaged to be married!
I'm thrilled and even more excited that she wants me to be involved in all the planning!
It just brings tears to my eyes to think of the joys we've shared and the bonding we've shared so far in the planning! Going shopping for a wedding gown was something I'll never forget!
I have a feeling that this will bring us closer together and that stress won't be an issue. I know that no wedding goes without stress, but by knowing this, I think that I will be there to support her. I'm very conscious of how I should act and what I should and shouldn't do as mother-of-the bride.
The phone calls and emails are flying back and forth. She and her fiance are also being very thoughtful and never forgetting to thank us or show their appreciation.
*happy sigh*
Small story about The Amazing Race: We were in Australia/New Zealand the end of March, beginning of April this year. I think we left around the 3rd week in March and returned mid-April. I read that Sarah of "Sarah and Terrance," went on The Amazing Race after she was laid off when Bear Stearns collapsed around March 15. They weren't going to let her take time off from work to go on the show, but then Bear Stears went under and she was able to go. I'm not exactly sure when the show was filmed, but we were possibly in Auckland, New Zealand the same time that the show was filmed! That's exciting, although I don't know why their starting point of the Los Angeles Coliseum, about 30 miles from my house doesn't have me more excited.
It'll also be fun to watch when The Amazing Race goes to Moscow, Russia. We were in Moscow in 2007. We love to see the locations we haven't yet visited, but it's even more fun to watch the racers in towns we've been in.
We've been recording The Colbert Report and the Daily Show with Jon Stewart every day. I can't believe what I've missed. I love those shows. They put a smile on my face whenever I watch!

18 Comments:
Puffy - how fun! I'm so glad you like future SIL! You'll be a great help with the wedding, especially with your attitude about the stress.
I love the Colbert Report :)
Sounds like you're really enjoying this bonding time. You'll be able to reflect on it when other people start getting involved, trying to be "helpful". There will be tears, oh, there will be tears.
I keed, I keed. :P
Congratulations, Puffy! That's wonderful news!
Congratulations to your daughter, Puffy! I hope she has a long and happy marriage. And what fun for you to be involved in the planning! Woo-hoo!
I adore Jon Stewart. I watch him every morning over my first cup of coffee. I also plan to watch the joint Election Night special that he & Colbert are going to host.
Congrats to you and your daughter, Puffy! How exciting!
I used to watch The Daily Show, but I always forget about it nowadays. I'll have to set my DVR. Except it's about 89% full, so maybe adding another show isn't a grand idea. LOL.
Thanks for the happy wishes, everyone.
I didn't know that Stewart and Colbert are planning an election night special. I'll look for it.
Yay! Congratulations! I'm really impressed that DD wants your help...seems a lot of mother/daughter relationships aren't really cut out for that, lol.
I know there will be some problems; it comes with the territory. Perhaps she wants my help because we don't live near each other! But she seems to really want to share the whole experience with me. I'm hoping that since I'm aware of potential problems, that I can alleviate them before they happen.
Wooo hoo! Congrats Puff! Is this the first of your kids to get married?
It's the second to get married, but, alas, I was the mother of the groom before. Much different.
Thanks for reminding me about TDS, Puffy. I set my DVR and I've enjoyed watching the show again. The episode that Barack Obama was on was especially hilarious. :)
I'm late to blogland but congrats Puffy! I can't even imagine how happy you are!
Congratulations Puffy! That is very exciting, and it's awesome that you both are enjoying it so much.
I remember going to look for dresses with my two friends. That was just a fun day.
Hey, email me at dawnya madina at yahoo. I have an updated address to send you and can't find you in OT. and I have no pms from you.
d
Congratulations to your daughter and her fiance, Puffy! So glad to hear that you are having a nice bonding experience.
She's getting married in that town you mentioned in my blog? Cool. I think it's quite a nice midwestern small lake resort town.
Tom and I were there for a few days last summer. We stayed at the Mill Creek Hotel, or something like that. There were a few good restuarants and a nice variety of upscale and regular tourist shops. The narrated boat tour where you see all the old mansions from the water is pretty cool. Are you going to do something on one of the big party boats?
Yes, Swami, she's getting married in the resort town. I didn't know about the narrated boat tour. That might be something fun to do when we're there!
Gosh I haven't been to your blog in awhile! My pc has been crawling, so it hasn't been fun..
Congrats on the MIL to be! Good luck on all the shopping and planning! However, I don't think I'd want to go back and do it again for my own!
Post a Comment
<< Home