Saturday, October 04, 2008

My Day

MM posted what her typical day is like, so I'm going to borrow her idea and do the same.

I wake up around 8 am, with no alarm. I check the internet and email. If it's a day I work, I drive to 2 or 3 kid's houses to see them for speech therapy. Then I might drive to one or two home-health senior's houses for speech therapy. I work at an adult day health care one morning a week.

I go to the gym for a class I like, 3-4 times a week from 1-2 pm. Then I go to the market and do errands. If I'm not working, I do the marketing and errands before the gym. I'm always home by 3 pm.

Then I check the internet and email again and watch a couple of TV shows that I've recorded on the DVR. I usually nap for about 30 mins. Cleo naps on me.

When I hear the garage door opening to signal that Mr. Puffy is home, I run into the kitchen to start dinner, so he thinks that I've been in there all day.

A couple of nights a week, I play poker or mah jong with my friends. I used to do laundry in the middle of the week, but now I do it on weekends so Mr. Puffy can help me fold the clothes or hang them up.

It's a tough life, but someone's got to do it. *grin*

9 Comments:

At 10/04/2008 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good life to me, Puffy.

I am working on my day as well.

And I do the garage thing too. When I hear it, I know Michael is home. So I have to put on my "talking" face again.

 
At 10/04/2008 12:10 PM, Blogger MM said...

I used to try to do a quick ten minute clean-up right before DH comes home, too. He'd be surprised if he knew how fast I can actually get things done...lol.

 
At 10/04/2008 12:26 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

I think all the husbands would be surprised to know that we all do this! Funny.

 
At 10/04/2008 7:57 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Guess who does our laundry? :-)

 
At 10/05/2008 7:02 AM, Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Mah-jong - with real tiles? We play this when DH's brother is in town, his mom has a set of tiles !

 
At 10/05/2008 9:11 AM, Blogger frodis said...

Your day sounds good, Puffy.

I'm also joining the garage door alarm club.

 
At 10/05/2008 11:05 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Yes, Amy, I play the real mah jong with real tiles. I buy a new card with the new year's "hands" every year.

 
At 10/07/2008 7:59 AM, Blogger Swami said...

What a perfect life! Well, it would be more perfect if you were playing Mah Jong with me! *pouts*

I? Do not do the garage door thing. I try to have most things in ready-to-cook order, or done if it is something that likes to sit. That way I have more time to visit with Tom, who doesn't like to hang out in the kitchen. But I do do a 10-minutes quick pick up sometime late in the afternoon.

I watch DVRed shows in the afternoon too.

I do my laundry and the household laundry during the week. Tom does his personal stuff on weekends.

 
At 10/08/2008 12:17 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Have an easy fast tonight and tomorrow Puffy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home