All I Want is Music Music Music
It's been a musical couple of weeks for me. We saw Art Garfunkel at the local community college. We were in the second row of a small venue. He still has a clear, sweet, lyrical voice. About 2/3 of the songs were from Simon and Garfunkel.
We went to the brand new Grammy Museum in the "L.A. Live" section of Los Angeles. It was fantastic. An average stay at the museum is 90 minutes. We were there for 4 hours! The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland is larger and better, but we thoroughly enjoyed this museum. There were lots of videos and interactive exhibits.
Tonight we just got back from seeing "Movin Out," by Billy Joel and Twyla Tharp. It featured 24 Billy Joel classics in song and dance. The band and the dancers were awesome. What a thrill! I saw Twyla Tharp's choreography at the Kennedy Center Honors and loved it, too.
For Valentine's Day, it's back to the local performing arts center for a cabaret show of Broadway show tunes from Rodgers and Hammerstein to Andrew Lloyd Weber. We get "drinks and light fare" as we sit at candle-lit tables on the stage!
Fleetwood Mac is coming to town in May so I'm thinking of trying for tickets to see them.
Who wants to guess where I'll be going in April? Your choices are:
1. South America
2. Antarctica
3. China
4. Japan
5. France, Switzerland, Austria and Germany

12 Comments:
Sounds like you've been having fun! I miss having Bre around, she was my going to a musical or concert girl. My friends hate those sort of things.
I choose #5.
Quit having so much fun! It makes me sooo verrry jealous.
I will guess Japan.
Colour me Gellous! I used to go to gigs all the time, haven't been for ages, I think you may have encouraged me to start again.
One of the best places I ever went was the Hard Rock Vault in Orlando (gone now) my guide and I were the only people in the place, really didn't want my visit to end. I may have to visit Los Angeles!
I'm guessing Antarctica.
Well, if you all visit me in L.A., we can go together!
hmmmm...choices
1. South America-it will be fall there. It's very general. Although Machu Pitchu(sp?) is right up your alley. Are the Galapagos right there too?
2. Antartica-this was intitial first gut choice. Hmmm, seasons changing down there though. Is it tourist season there that time of year?
3. China-could have been inspired by last summer's Olympics.
4. Japan- Could have come across this idea when researching China. Plus you were due for an Asian trip soon as your past 2 trips have been South Pacific and European.
5. I'm gonna say no to this one.
So upon my scientific review I'm going with China.
Anyone of those I get colored jealous!
Part of my choice is because of how impressed you were with the ceremonies.
Oh second choice is South America, Japan, Antartica, Europe.
I say you are going to China. Will you get me some pot stickers, please?
Hint: I went to get my visa on Friday.
So it's a placethat does not take MasterCard!
Mmmm -- seems to me that China needs their Visa paperwork done quite early, so that will be my official guess.
(Reminds everyone of our peep meet at Paul McCartney way back when)
The answer has been revealed above.
Post a Comment
<< Home