Birthday Greetings

My birthday has come and gone. We usually start celebrating the night before a big event. We give each other cards and gifts in bed the night before. Mr. Puffy got me some beautiful and soft loungewear for around the house. Sort of a present for him, too.
He also got me a brand new super-duper-does-everything keyboard for my computer. I was very excited about that and it was a total surprise. We had never discussed a new keyboard. We both liked it so much, that we went right out on Saturday to buy him one too, for Father's day.
He also got me a Ott-Lite lamp for my desk. Have you heard of it? The Ott-Lite gives out natural light illumination without glare on the papers or the computer monitor. It's small so it doesn't take up much room on my desk. My cat still has plenty of room to sleep while I play on the computer. I got the "task lamp." Here's the website: http://www.ottlite.com/
Then we went out to dinner and to a charity auction for the local Boys and Girls Club. It was held outdoors on a huge lawn. We had yummy food, especially the chocolate-covered strawberries. The live auction lasted from 7-10 pm while the Bid Board tables for silent auctions closed every 15 minutes from 7:45 to 10:00 pm. Name an item and it was up for auction. There were about 1000 people there and the event netted about $475,000.
They got $125 from us! I bid on and won a reflexology foot treatment with a manicure and pedicure. Mr. Puffy got a book autographed by Graham Nash. It includes interviews of many songwriters and the lyrics of their songs in their own handwriting. It came with two CD's that have interviews with the songwriters, too. It's really special. Make that Father's Day gift #2.
That about wraps up my birthday weekend. Mr. Puffy knows how to make me feel special and show me a good time.

10 Comments:
Sounds like you had a really nice weekend! How neat that you celebrated for several days and both of you got some really cool goodies!
Next week is not only Father's Day, but also Mr. Nutz's birthday (the 20th ~ yep, there are 4 of us in my house too, LOL. Not to mention the kids & pets). I got him concert tickets and will likely take him out to a nice dinner.
I love that picture of the cat having breakfast in bed.
Happy Birthday Mom. Sorry I didn't get to you on your birthday but we were visiting my in-laws. Tara's dad is going in for surgery today and we wanted to spend some time with him first. I really love her folks and I've got everything crossed for him to be ok.
Happy belated birthday, puffy!
Glad you got some fun presents & cool stuff at the auction. Many hugs to you & Mr. Puffy.
That sounds lovely. I am so glad you had a great weekend!
*smooch*
That picture is great, Puffy. I don't know where you come up with all of them, but you seem to have one for all occasions. Glad you had such a nice time.
Happy Birthday, Puffy! I hope the new keyboard makes you spend more time in blog land!
Happy belated birthday Puffy. Sounds like a terrific weekend. Mr. Puffy certainly does have nice taste in gifts.
LOVE that kitty picture :-)
Happy belated!
*hugs*
Wanted to wish you a late happy birthday sweetie!!
Sounds like a great time was had! Mr. Puffy is good peeps. He's a keepa, don't you think?
So are you, of course. *smooch*
Post a Comment
<< Home