Puffy's List
- Go to http://procreo.jp/labo/flower_garden.swf and move your cursor over the monitor to see some flowers much lovelier than those in my garden right now. But we do have buds popping up all over the place. We just planted some iceberg roses. They become lush, full bushes of beautiful fragrant roses. Sigh.
- We saw Dennis Prager, well-known, but horribly right-wing radio talk show host, speak on Saturday night. It was a fund-raiser and thankfully, he didn't mention politics. His topic was, "Happiness is a Serious Problem." Three things from the speech stand out in my mind. 1- "We are as happy as we decide to be. "2- "The only happy people I know are those I don't know well." This is sort of a "grass is always greener" statement, meaning we all have problems but we only share them with the people we know well. The ones we don't know well have problems, too, but we just don't know about them.
- We went to a Taste of the Town fund raiser. Hmmm, it seems like much of my money goes to fund raisers. About 50 local restaurants had booths and we pigged out, grazing from booth to booth. Yummy! I wore stretch jeans.
- Speaking of jeans, I got a couple of new pair of terrific, fit-me-perfectly-and-make-me-look-thin jeans. I wore a pair on Mother's Day. We took my mother-in-law to Marie Callender's restaurant for a buffet brunch. Mother's Day is normally a horrendous day to go out to eat, with hour-long waits. After a 5-minute wait, we were seated. Whee! I scooted over the seat on the booth and ripped my brand new fit-me-perfectly-and-make-me-look-thin jeans on a nail sticking out from seat. It was just a little hole and I'm getting it repaired. However, the manager gave me his card and told me to buy another pair and send him the bill. He asked what brand they were. I said, "Don't worry, they're not $100 jeans." OMG, when I looked for another pair, I saw $185 jeans. Whoa, not my kind of jeans. He got off easy; the ones I bought were on sale.
- Do any of you wash your knit gloves? I was getting out some gloves for my planned vacation at the end of the month (more about that in my next blog entry) and decided to wash them. I washed 2 pair, my only 2 pair. OMG, the water was black! I've never washed gloves before. Being from California and rarely wearing them, I had never thought about washing them. Of course, they were filthy. I wash my hands, don't I? (Don't answer that)
- I want Jordin to win American Idol. I want Apolo or Joey to win Dancing with the Stars. I can't decide. As long as we're on reality shows, I wanted the Beauty Queens to win TAR and I wanted Yau to win Survivor.
- I got a new pair of eyeglasses and I can't see. Everything is blurry. I waited 5 days to see if I could get used to them. I'm going back to the eye doctor today for advice. Why are eyeglasses so expensive?
15 Comments:
Your link is not working.
*checks out Puffy's butt in the fit-her-perfectly-and-make-her-look-thin jeans*
*wolf whistles* :D
I wonder if they gave you the wrong lenses accidentally?
Ack! I fixed the link. I don't know how to put a one-word nickname in there instead of the full website address.
Nutz...you barely see a butt when I'm wearing these jeans. I should post a picture of me in regular pants and then me in my fit-her-perfectly-and-make-her-look-thin jeans.
The eye doctor is getting me larger lenses. *wah* My prescription is too complicated for stylish narrow rectangular frames. I'll look like one of those old ladies in the huge plastic eyeglasses. *wah*
Oooh! Purty flowers! That's cute.
So your new glasses will look like Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie? *grin*
Oh... yes, please do post a picture of your butt! :P
You didn't get bifocals, did you? It took a couple weeks to get used to mine.
Funny story about the end justifying the jeans!
I've heard of Dennis Prager, but I've never heard his show. I have plenty of other horrible right-wing commentators to keep me company. ;-)
Tee hee: the end justifying the jeans.
I have progressive lenses; they're bifocals without the line. Shhhh, don't tell.
Weird on the glasses.
In Wisconsin we have to wash our gloves often. Snot drippings gotta come out somehow.
...the end justifying the jeans.
LMAO!!! :D
I *LOVE* Dennis Prager. Every Friday, he does a "happiness hour" where he discusses topics related to happiness and the pursuit thereof.
Yes, he's conservative, but also very respectful and thoughtful, especially with guests. One of his mantras is "Clarity is preferable to agreement", which means he thinks it's more important to understand another's point of view than to make others agree with him.
To appreciate him, you really have to listen for a while!
Dennis also has a book entitled "Happiness is a Serious Problem". I've read it and another one of his - "Think a Second Time".
They are both worth reading.
mtw-he mentioned his "happiness hour." You would have liked his speech. Even though I don't listen to Dennis Prager on the radio, I enjoyed his speech. He overgeneralizes a lot but he had some interesting things to say and he told quite a few jokes and funny stories. Every July 14, he has his father on as a guest, in honor of his father's birthday. Thank goodness Dennis Prager is tall, very tall, or I wouldn't have been able to see him.
I'll be happy with either Jordin or Blake, but my fav is Blake. Sorry hon.
Hope the glasses work better for you!
I hope you able to find more jeans!!
Happy is a choice. That is my little bit of wisdom.
I have a fund raiser posted on Estee's OT spoiler thread. You can give at www.BuyAugieBoobs.com. :-)
Trying to fit perfect fitting jeans is the worst!
Living in a true four season climate my gloves are leather not knit, so no, I don't wash my gloves. The only knit gloves I think I've owned were mittens, and haven't worn mittens since I was probably 10. That didn't answer your question, did it? :-)
You are a busy bee!!
I'm glad you found great jeans and sorry they ripped. You probably could have told the restaurant and they would have paid for them. Although I may not have done that myself.
I don't think I wash gloves. I just buy new ones. Where are you going that you will need gloves?
I'm glad Jordin won. I like Blake too, so I guess I would have been happy with either. But I see this as better for him not to win.
I didn't watch DWTS. I glanced here and there, but I couldn't keep up with it all.
Post a Comment
<< Home