Monday, March 05, 2007

It's a Winner



Check the TV, newspaper, or internet on Wednesday. The Puffys may be the newest $350 million lotto winners. Or not.

This year we have won:
1. Rose Bowl pool
2. Super Bowl pool
3. 2 prizes (out of the 4 offered) at a carnival raffle yesterday.

What have you won lately? Or ever?

19 Comments:

At 3/06/2007 7:18 AM, Blogger Lasann said...

Funny, I blogged about the lottery also. Will you pay off my mortgage?

 
At 3/06/2007 9:37 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

How about a brand new house, Lasann?

 
At 3/06/2007 11:30 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Prize hogs!

 
At 3/06/2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

We donated the 2nd prize back to the organization and kept the camera. Since we already have a digital camera (finally got one), we might try to return it and get an IPOD in its place.

 
At 3/06/2007 11:56 AM, Blogger Debcapsfan said...

I'm pretty lucky.
At my office where they gave all the fancy prizes, I won dinner for 4 at the Four Seasons from the Holiday Party.
When I worked at NDU, my company gave out cash prizes. Two twenty five dollar prizes, two fifty dollar prizes, and a single one hundred dollar prize.
The first two years I won the hundred dollars, and the last year I won fifty. I bet they were relieved when I left. :)

 
At 3/06/2007 2:36 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Wow, Deb, good for you! That's great! I forgot about the company holiday parties. We won a $50 gift card to Macy's, this past Christmas. At the office's summer picnic, we won a Starbuck's gift card this past year, and a boom box several years ago. Does anyone still have a boom box? *grin*

 
At 3/06/2007 2:37 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

We also won the centerpiece gift basket at the last 2 holiday parties.

 
At 3/07/2007 5:51 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I never win anything. This is because I'm saving up my Winner's Karma for a really really BIG prize.

Swami <--- optimist

 
At 3/07/2007 7:54 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

When I was five, I won a bag of candy from KFC. My sister worked there, so I think she stacked the contest. It was the first time I tried Wacky Wafers and hated them.

Oh, and I guessed the weight of a turkey at work once and was closest. I won a 22 lb turkey.

Kim<---not a very winning girl

 
At 3/07/2007 9:49 AM, Blogger Emily RugBurn said...

I have won:

• Several radio contests where the prizes have included concert tickets, rare paraphernalia, etc...

• A trip to Paris. (I was 7 and entered my Mom's name into a contest after she specifically told me not to).

• A fancy/expensive microphone at some tradeshow (I can't even remember why I was there), but I never went to pick it up.

I'm sure I won more stuff, but it's been so long I just can't remember.

Good luck, Puffy!

 
At 3/07/2007 10:02 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

I saw on the news this morning that California hasn't reported if it has any winners in the mega lottery yet, so I'm still in the running!

*Rushes to see if Swami won the megamillions* Swami, you have to enter the contest in order to win!

Kim, why do your prize winnings center around food? *grin*

Em, I won a radio contest when I was a teenager. Did YOU get to go to Paris since you won the trip?

 
At 3/07/2007 10:39 AM, Blogger Swami said...

Oh! I forgot my one big win! It was in a radio contest too.

A local station wanted to find the person with the longest hair in my state. Viewers were asked to pull out a hair and sent it in. I had someone carefully pull on my longest hairs until I felt one that seemed attached to the top of my head and pulled it out. It was a whopping 48 and 1/2 inches long!

So I won by a long shot and even beat two horses since the station had neglected to say the person with the longest 'human' hair would win.

This was a while ago. I won a polaroid camera, lol.

 
At 3/07/2007 11:38 AM, Blogger Paul said...

My biggest winnings have come from video poker. Twice I've won $200: once in Las Vegas when I hit four aces playing quarters, and recently in Reno when I got a royal flush playing nickels.

Contest-wise, I haven't won much. I did win a drawing for Canadian maple syrup once. Not a huge prize, but that stuff was GOOD! I also won a balloon race when I was a kid; the balloon with my name on it was found 120 miles away. Don't remember what my prize was.

And Kim, the proper term in the radio business is: "contest pigs." :-)

 
At 3/08/2007 8:15 AM, Blogger Emily RugBurn said...

I actually *did* get to go to Paris! The trip I won was only for 2 adults (so Mom & Dad), but because I was the reason they won, they HAD to take me with them so they bought me a ticket. (We also went to Switzerland on that trip.)

I really didn't appreciate it then (I was only 7) but I SO wish I had been even a few years older. I'd kill to go to Paris again... maybe one day...

 
At 3/08/2007 9:37 AM, Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I rarely win raffles and such but I did get lucky in Deadwood, South Dakota to the tune of $650 from 50 cents in a slot machine and around $500 in the bahamas but there I was playing Dollar slots.

 
At 3/09/2007 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won a few little things, nothing big.

I bought 10 tickets on Tuesday. Perhaps I should have only bought one. It only takes one, right?

 
At 3/12/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger dragonflies said...

Nice prizes Puffy!

I don't think I have enough room to list what I have won over the years. I used to listen to the radio. A lot. My best prizes? A trip to London to see Prince. He was ok, but I met Brian May from Queen, a highlight of the trip. And we spent 23 hours in Holland visiting family after a 10 hour train/jet foil ride.

I've also won lots of music CDs, concert tickets, tshirts, etc.

I earned my trip to Aruba last year with PartyLite, so that doesn't count as winning.

 
At 3/12/2007 10:50 AM, Blogger dragonflies said...

Oh yeah, in Vegas I had the trip of a lifetime once. Won the cost of DH & my airfare, hotel, food, gambling and part of the daycare costs to leave the kids at home! All in about 24 hours.

 
At 3/12/2007 4:47 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

*sticks to df like glue*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home