Weekend Entertainment
We went to Marie Callender's Saturday night. On the weekends, they have a comedy show in the bar. Last night's show was a pretty big comedy star: Mark Eddie. He's a "rock 'n roll comedian." He plays parodies of songs and does impressions of singers.Here are links to some of his jokes and songs. Ex: "Marijuanaville" instead of Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville."
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=26333221
http://www.aeispeakers.com/video.php?SpeakerID=1398
He combines songs and laughs. Pearl Jam, AC/DC, Jim Morrison, Neil Diamond ("I Am Sam, Sam I Am" instead of "I Am, I Said"), Heavy Metal, Hip Hop Rapping (by Disney's Tigger), etc. He sang a song with only vowels, a song with the letters of the alphabet, and one all about Barbie, from A to Z.
He did a great bit about changing radio stations in the old days, trying to find your station on the dial. First you get a country station, then switch back and get a Michael Bolton, then switch to a Spanish station, then back again and find Michael Bolton, then a religious station, then Michael Bolton again. Well, you had to be there.
In other news, we traded in the camera we won for an IPOD!!!! Yes, that's right, an IPOD! Any suggestions for how to use this thing?

17 Comments:
A comedy show sounds like fun. I've never been to a Marie Callenders, but we're going to be in Bountiful, Utah the first week of April, so we'll have to try it.
We had pies from MC this weekend, Lemon Cream Supreme, Razzleberry, an Apple Light and a chocolate cream. We also have determined that Pies at MC in CA cost more than pies at MC in AZ... As well as gas is more than in AZ..
When we arrived in CA on Thurs, all we heard was California officially had the highest gas prices in the nation!.. Shoulda stayed home! But.. we purchase gas at Costco, a good bit under the $3 mark..
The pies are great. We had a 2 item minimum at the comedy show. We each had a drink and a piece of pie. Mr. Puffy had the chocolate silk and I had the French apple. We paid $3.29 for gas this weekend.
That sounds funny! Although I'm still weirded out by a Marie Callender's restaurant.
I thought you said there was a two pie minimum. That made me giggle. :-)
My suggestion about using the Ipod? Find a young person who can help you. They all seem to know.
Kim, what weirds you out by Marie Callender's? The $3.29 we paid for gas...per gallon of course...about $45 to fill up.
Good idea, DF.
I didn't know that Marie Callenders had restaurants. In my head, she lives in the freezer.
Her body might be frozen, fro. She's dead. But her cornbread is HOT!
Last time I was at a Marie Callender's was in Reno before LC and I were married. They had Karaoke that night, and one of the songs I did was "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." Well, toward the end of it, this girl who was on something other than pure air insisted on trying to dance with me.
LC handled it well, but I wouldn't have blamed her if she hauled off and whacked her one.
Yay for the iPod. I love my iPod. If you come to visit me, I'll show you how to use it.
I thought Marie Callenders was just a frozen food.
That should say brand of frozen food.
I love my Ipod more than I can say. I have mixes for moods that I am in- slower songs, softer songs- bone-jumping songs, angry songs. I love mixing music and setting up playlists. :)
I still remember being surprised by the sight of a Marie Callender's restaurant. I figured it must sell a lot of pot pie entrees or something.
I love comedy shows! But I need to get out more, lol.
Boo, there's a Marie Callenders restaurant in Nevada. Maybe you could visit one when you're in Vegas.
Deb, I'm looking forward to setting up playlists. If Mr. Puffy gives me a chance with the IPOD!
Swami, the restaurants often have pie sales-any pie for $5.99!
Baker's Square is our big restaurant cum pie store around here. Their pies are okay, but I'm not a huge fan of pies anyway. Excepting French Silk.
Marie Callender's doesn't sell cum pie, Swami. Actually, I don't know any store that sells it.
*snort* Literally, I snorted.
Post a Comment
<< Home