Still strolling along the old blogger path
I skipped the new blogger and went directly to my old dashboard. I have not yet crossed over to the dark side!
I've been copying my old slides to CD's. What a trip down memory lane! Here's a couple of picture of my St. Bernard that I used to have. She's a puppy in the second picture.


Here's a mural that we had in our old house. A student from California University of the Arts painted it for us. The guy who painted it is standing next to the mural.

Years ago, I bought a Sara Lee cheesecake. When I removed the sticker from the front of the package, this is what I found:

Here is a nighttime view of the 405 freeway. It's right around the place where the crane fell a few days ago.

I'm watching the pre-football show now. They don't have this much entertainment and hoopla for the Presidential Inauguration! It's not the Olympics. It's a football game. Let's see, it's the white and blue team against the blue and orange team. Go, team!

12 Comments:
Did you buy the Sara Lee in Mexico cause that's where they send this stuff. I was nervous when I had to buy Tylenol in Mexico, and cigarettes, because they send the bad stuff there. Remember the Baby Formula scandal a couple of years ago.
That mural is awesome. Did it cost you a fortune. Is he famous now?
The 405 - I remember it fondly!
Hi Lasann! We bought the Sara Lee in Los Angeles at a discount market. It was on sale!
The mural painter was awesome. Cal Arts is a private art college, started by the Disney foundation. This guy lived about 45 minutes from school, but we lived a few minutes away. So we let him use a room in our house for a semester in exchange for painting the mural. He slept or showered here occasionally when he didn't want to drive all the way back to his place. It was a win-win situation for all of us.
One funny part is that the semester started in January. I thought it would take the whole semester to paint the mural and I wondered why he hadn't started. I was getting anxious about it. Well, he painted the entire wall in just one week, his spring break!
I love going through old photos. I have a pile of slides that I should probably do something with one of these days.
I'm amused at your Sara Lee product but I'm more amused that you took a picture of it. That's something I would have done, too. What I want to know is, did you eat it anyway?
LOL Frodis, I don't remember if we ate it. We probably did!
I love big dogs! I used to have a Newfie.
I would not have eaten the cake!
Poor Prince. He had to play in the purple rain. I thought he was terrific though! He was playing for the people who were there - not just preening for on-camera glory.
I was disappointed in the commercials.
What a cute puppy!
That mural is awesome! Well worth the exchange.
Swami, I think a Newfoundland dog and a St Bernard are similar, except that a Newfie is black.
Guess who won $100 in a Super Bowl pool?
What a good idea to have an art student paint for you!
Cute pup...and scary cheesecake label!
Thanks for sharing your trip down memory lane!
I love that freeway pic! That's so cool. I would blow that up and make a poster out of it.
Awww! Love the dog! The mural is much bigger than I first realized. Without the guy standing there, I would not have known it was so big.
Awesome freeway pic!
Awwwwwwwwww what a cute doggie. I love Saint Bernards.
That mural is awesome. I wish I had a talent to do that. I have some kind of mural in our guest bedroom. I'll have to take a pic and show you.
Great dog! One of my neighbors has two St. Bernards. It is so cute to see them out walking.
Post a Comment
<< Home