Monday, February 19, 2007

I Surrender

I did it. I'm in the Cult of the New Blogger. Ack! I'm not happy about this. I feel like I've given up my freedom of choice.



In other news, CVS pharmacy had, not 50% off, but 75% off on their Valentine's Day candy, oops I mean chocolate. I bought a few Reeese's peanut butter hearts and a few chocolate covered marshmallow and strawberry hearts. That's it.



My friend is on a special diet. Among other things, she doesn't eat flour anymore. So she buys Ezekiel bread. You can find it at Trader Joes and at Whole Foods. It comes as a loaf, English muffins, tortilla, and buns. I bought some yesterday and am trying it right now. It's not bad. Tastes healthy.

We went to the Ronald Reagan museum on Saturday. We saw the Air Force 1 jet and the Marine 1 helicopter that he used. We also saw his gravesite. There was a special exhibit of the First Ladies' red dresses, too.



We went to Qdoba's Mexican grill today for the first time. Delicious, fresh Mexican food. I think they're located all over the country. You order yourself at the counter and they bring the food to you. It's sort of like a Baja Fresh or Rubio's.



Finally, I bought concert tickets on ebay, all below face value. We're going to see James Taylor in a very nice small venue (it used to be a movie theater) on Wednesday night. We'll see Rod Stewart in March. I've seen them both in person before and can hardly wait!



Here's a picture of my little girl:

15 Comments:

At 2/19/2007 4:17 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

Welcome to the darkside.

*breathes heavily through helmet*

Love your kitty!

 
At 2/19/2007 9:59 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

*wraps my hair in buns around my ears*

 
At 2/20/2007 12:46 AM, Blogger mm said...

*backs out of another skeery blog*
*sneaks back in to scritch the kitty*

 
At 2/20/2007 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! You're here. The grass isn't greener though.

Love the kitty. *kitty smooches*

 
At 2/20/2007 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I love James Taylor. Love him.

 
At 2/20/2007 7:13 AM, Blogger Debcapsfan said...

*kitty smooches* I hope you are doing well. I am hoping some time we can come out your way and you can meet Jason. :)

 
At 2/20/2007 8:49 AM, Blogger Swami said...

There is a Trader Joe's opening near me in March and I'm so excited!

'Tastes healthy' does not sound like a ringing endorsement, lol.

Nancy Reagan was tiny, wasn't she? I saw some of her dresses somewhere once and I remember thinking who knew she was a midget?

 
At 2/20/2007 9:13 AM, Blogger Zombs said...

Your little girl looks just like you.

You get to do so much fun stuff! I am on a Rod Stewart kick lately. I like his new cover album so far(what I have heard on the radio).

 
At 2/20/2007 9:15 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

Swami-Nancy Reagan red and Barbara Bush blue were the real things. Nancy's waist must have been 22 inches! We should all give you a list (waves to Boo) of our favorite Trader Joes items.

MM-Boo is right; the grass isn't greener. Blogger finally wouldn't let me start a new post without switching. I don't like having to sign in all the time. I used Kim's tip to get rid of the pesky notices, though.

 
At 2/20/2007 1:29 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*scrites the kitty*

The JT concert sounds nice!

We have Q'doba here & I love their fajita burrito. I like them slightly better than Chipotle. I, however, wish we had a Baja Fresh. And bravie told me about this Fresh something or another salad-bar type restaurant that I want here.

Monsty would be happy you went to see the dress exhibit.

 
At 2/20/2007 2:46 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Kim, maybe Bravie told you about Fresh Choice. It's similar to Soup Plantation. They have a huge salad bar. You can go as many times as you want to get salads, potatoes, pizza slices,soups, pasta, fruit, and ice cream.

Thanks for the compliment, Zombs!

 
At 2/21/2007 6:10 AM, Blogger Lasann said...

Rod Stewart was the best concert of all. I was quite drunk though and thought he was singing to me.

 
At 2/21/2007 9:50 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Fresh Choice would be better if it didn't have the pizza and such. Just salad and soup.

 
At 2/22/2007 6:56 AM, Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I?? found some white chocolate covered fortune cookies in the 75% off Valentines aisle of my local Safeway... YUM!

I remember seeing an exhibit of First Ladies dresses back when I was in grade school.. at our local library?? So Nancy Reagan's wouldn'ta been there.. *grin*

 
At 2/22/2007 2:01 PM, Blogger Paul said...

I had dinner at a Qdoba near Baltimore last year. There's a similar chain here called California Tortilla. But I wouldn't go looking for any of them in CA; the chain is based out of Rockville, MD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home