Friday, January 01, 2010

Before and After Photos

The kitchen project is finished! They demolished the tile countertops and installed the double ovens one day. Two days later, they installed the granite countertops, the pull-out drawers, the sink and the cooktop. Since we had extra granite, we had our wet bar in the family room redone, too. Then it took us 2 more days to line the new pull-out drawers and put away everything. We did some rearranging and lots of donating of kitchen ware. I love the new shelf liners. They're so much better than the old contact paper. We have a temporary faucet because the new non-lead faucet won't be available until January 23.



The old brown formica top in the wet bar:






The new look of our bar area:


The kitchen:



The sink is made of a material called "silgranite." It's granite and silicone. It won't show chips.






See the little push-button thing to the left of the plant? It's an air switch that turns the garbage disposal on and off. Yay! Now I won't have to lean waaaaayyyy over to the wall switch to turn it on and off! What a life...talk about being spoiled!

5 Comments:

At 1/01/2010 4:05 PM, Blogger Swami said...

Granite is so purty. The kitchen looks great - and the granite looks outstanding on the wet bar!

I like your playful kitty decor.

Did you have your cabinets installed at a slightly lower than standard height? I had a huge fight with my carpenter over installing our countertops at 1 & 1/4 inches higher than standard! He was short and thought this was an outrageous idea, whereas I grew up in a house where the base cabinets were 2" higher than normal so I thought I was being entirely reasonable.

 
At 1/01/2010 5:48 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

I didn't redo the cabinets; they came with the house. I think they're average height. However, the cabinets and counters are way too high for me in the bathroom. I have to stand on my tippy toes to wash my face and brush my teeth. I don't know why the builder made them higher in the bathroom.

 
At 1/01/2010 7:43 PM, Blogger frodis said...

That looks beautiful! It's amazing how the wet bar was transformed with just the new countertops. It looks wonderful!

Your kitchen looks enormous. I really like the plants around your sink. I was thinking that I want to get the window above my sink replaced with a garden window but now I'm not sure, maybe I should just put plants around it and be happy with it like that.

I would like it if my countertops were just a little bit higher. Most of the time they're okay but when I'm doing a lot of chopping or something like rolling out cookie dough I get all achy from bending.

 
At 1/03/2010 2:07 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

The two best things about my house are the large kitchen and bedroom/master bath areas. I think the kitchen is about 16 by 21.

I've started watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" because I saw the show with Khloe's wedding to Lamar Odom. It looks like they have the same kitchen granite countertops that I have!

 
At 1/24/2010 8:09 AM, Blogger maroonclown said...

*faint*

It's gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home