Saturday, September 12, 2009

Weekend activities

We saw Natalie Cole perform at the Hollywood Bowl. The concert was postponed from July 15 due to her kidney transplant. It was her first performance after the surgery. She said she had hepatitis and part of the treatment was chemotherapy. The chemo damaged her kidneys. I hadn't heard of that before. At first she seemed breathless after each number. But she built up her stamina as she sang through jazz, R & B and finally gospel tunes. She's lost a lot of weight, but her clothes were amazing. There were 2 duets with Nat King Cole. One duet featured video footage of Natalie as a young girl with her father.

Today we went to an art gallery in Venice, Ca. The special exhibit consisted of photographs taken during Woodstock. It was fun to see all of them, many of which we've seen before. The Rolling Stone magazine photographer who took some of the pictures was there, too.

We're getting ready for the Jewish holidays. This year, we've had several invitations for holiday meals, which is really nice. I'll be bringing a dish to eat, so I have to start making a market list. Last year, we had a huge crowd for one of the holiday meals because our daughter was in town and we used the opportunity to announce her engagement. Now, it's only 43 days away!

4 Comments:

At 9/16/2009 8:42 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I always enjoy seeing old Woodstock photos, and I am amazed that so few "new" photos ever show up. Of course in those days few college students toted cameras around, but there must be some cool photos in attics that have never been seen. Of course in those days if you took photographs that included nude people the developer (usually a drug store in the East) would not print them & destroy that individual negative!

Only 43 (now 39!) days until the big wedding? Wow! Have you successfully completed all your assignments?

 
At 9/16/2009 12:48 PM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Again, you have wowed me with your exciting activities. It's so great you and your hubby enjoy the same things. Or maybe you don't and you just suck it up for eachother?

 
At 9/16/2009 5:33 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Swami, the only way we could get away with nude photos was to use the polaroid camera, right?

I go for a fitting for my dress which needed alterations, tomorrow. It'll be interesting to do the seating arrangements for the wedding.

We DO enjoy the same activities, Kim. It's a good life.

 
At 9/30/2009 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your hubby do have a great life.

I didn't know any of that about Natalie Cole. I absolutely love her voice, and I love the way they can do those duets now.

Happy Holidays!

How are the wedding plans coming?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home