Kitchen and bathroom
I'm attaching "before" pictures of my kitchen and my bathroom. We're not re-doing the bathroom at this point, but it's to show where the TV is in relation to the rest of the room. I love my kitchen and bathroom but they're 23 years old and the times they are a changin'. The kitchen will get some minor modifications next week. It's been a chore, but also useful to empty out all the cabinets. It'll be good to donate things I haven't seen in 20 years and to rearrange so I'll use things more often. I wish that styles and trends wouldn't change, but then the manufacturers wouldn't make any money with remodeling and renovations.
Here's my kitchen:
The refrigerator magnets are from places we've visited.
My part of the bathroom:
See the little TV on the far right? That's Mr. Puffy's area.
Here's another view of his area, with the TV on the right. We attached speakers from our computer to the TV for better sound.

7 Comments:
Can I move in to your bathroom?
It's huge!!!
So spacious! I have tub envy big time.
I think you have perfect bones for a little updating. You made good choices from the start, and that helps in the long run.
After looking at the pictures, I realized that we could have gotten a larger, flat screen tv in the bathroom.
The difficult part is that I still love my original choices but they're so out of date.
Two years ago, we changed the kitchen lighting from big boxes with flourescent lights to the recessed can lights.
Oo - your bathroom is so pretty! But you gave Mr Puffy too much space, lol.
When we redo our tiny master bath I plan to steal some square footage from the bedroom, which is pretty huge (14 x 26). First we have to be sure the kids have all launched for real.
I say if you love it then keep it, unless you're planning on selling soon. Heck, give it another 10 yrs and that style will be back "in" style. :)
Actually, the guy who's working on the kitchen said not to re-do it if we're moving soon; it wouldn't be worth it. But I know what you mean, Tummy.
I love what I picked out and it's time to make a change. It's also time for all my appliances to be the same color and to be in excellent working order.
I save my old clothes, thinking, "I can wear this when I lose 10 lbs." Afterwards, I think, "If I lose 10 lbs, do I really want to wear 10-15 year old clothes?" I'd rather buy new clothes when I lose weight.
I can't imagine packing up a house to move; there's so many boxes from just the kitchen! I'm happy to be getting rid of stuff that was way in the back of the cabinets, though.
I saw that my daughter registered for the same type of things that I'm going to donate, such as a cast iron skillet and a salad spinner. Ironic.
I just realized last night that my 10 year predicted lifespan for my sofas (a relatively cheap spruce up, and the old ones can go in the basement, which will hopefully be partially finised by then) and dishwasher is coming soon. 2010 will be 7 years. I was supposed to start saving now for replacements.
Post a Comment
<< Home