My Dad

This is my dad. One picture is him at 87 years of age. The other picture is of him taken about 65 years ago. He had lung cancer (not a smoker) in June, had a lobe removed and had an almost-full recovery. Apparently, the cancer returned and he now has bone cancer which is extremely painful. It's just too sad and heartbreaking for words.
I'm not looking for sympathy, but I know that good vibes and prayers help. A few people have wanted to know where I've been lately. Well, check out the pictures. That's where I've been. At his side. So, if I'm not around much, you know why. Thanks for caring. Smoochies.

24 Comments:
Bless your heart Puffy. I will be thinking and praying for you and your handsome dad. Love you, woe
It sounds like he's lucky to have family around him in this difficult time. WAtching someone go through that pain is very difficult. You are definitely in my thoughts. *hugs*
What a great smile he has, Puffy! Now and 65 years ago too. Enjoy your days with him--every moment is so precious. Hard, but precious. Both my parents are gone and I would give anything to have them back!
~~~~~Good Vibrations~~~~~
Thanks to Woe, Weltek, and Swami. It's so painful for him and all of us. I appreciate your thoughts so much.
You and your dad will be in my thoughts. *hugs*
Big hugs Puffy. I hope someone takes care of you too.
I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending good vibes for Puffy's dad! ...and for you too Puffy. {{{hugs}}}
Thanks guys. Mr. Puffy has been an absolute lifesaver. I don't know how I'd get through this without him.
Thoughts and prayers coming your way, Puffy!
{{hugs}}
Oh Puffy!
Love and support for you and your family. I wish I knew what else to say, something to bring you comfort, I know how difficult it is.
Love the pictures, what a beautiful man.
Sending hugs and prayers.
Aw, Puffy. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. What a cute man he is.
Sending some long distance good vibes your way.
~ EmRB
What a handsome man.
I hope that whatever treatment options he selects go well. I'll be thinking of you, Puffy.
I am so sorry to hear this, Puffy. You can be sure I am sending you good thoughts and lots of love.
*hugs*
You definitely have my prayers and good vibes. I know this can't be easy for you. {{ hugs }}
*hugs*
I'll be sending good thoughts.
Thanks everyone. I've been spending lots of time here at my dad's house. He's on hospice now, but will be staying in his own home. By the way, HD, are you hitting on my dad? *sly wink*
Dearest Puffy, Mr. Nookie & I are both sending our very best wishes for your dad. And, *BIG HUGS* for you. Keep strong sweetie!
I love your Dad's smile. You have the same smile, which I have always loved. :-)
Puffy: My goodness. Good for you for being with your father when he needs you.
Good thoughts for both of you.
Oh Puffy! I'm so very sorry to hear this. My grandaddy had prostate cancer that they thought they got rid of and eventually turned to bone cancer. It is awful. Extra hugs to you and your dad.
I'm so sorry to hear about this hope you get through these trying times.
Still thinking of you guys and still sending good thoughts. *smooch*
Seana, UK, Momma, and Nutz-Thanks for the kind thoughts. Nookie, I looked back at the young picture of my dad, and I do see the same smile. Makes me feel warm all over. Thanks for noticing.
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
*hugs*
Post a Comment
<< Home