Friday, July 29, 2011

As I was saying...

I'm on the back-to-blogging bandwagon. Let's get this thing started again.



This has been an eventful summer.



Just call me GRANDMA!








We spent 10 days with the baby and keep in contact via skype. I'm lovin' it!




Our air conditioner broke down and we needed a new one...$$%&$# later and it's so cool, literally and figuratively. We're also re-doing our bedroom, dressing room, and bathroom. We're leaving the 80's behind and removing the boxes of fluorescent lights on the ceiling and going for recessed cans. We're removing the wallpaper and trying to decide on paint. It's so difficult to make changes.




We saw Hall and Oates at the Hollywood Bowl a few weeks ago. Wednesday night, we were asked to sit in a friend's BOX SEATS for the James Ingram and Gladys Knight concert. It was like a mini-vacation.




We have something called Screaming Daily Deals (similar to Groupon). We bought a weekend at a B & B in Big Bear. We go in a few weeks. I'm soooo looking forward to it. Speaking of vacations, we made reservations for a trip to Machu Pichu and the Galapagos Islands for February.




For the first time ever, Cleo the cat didn't come up to bed with us when it was bedtime. That rat stayed downstairs on the comfy couch until I went down to carry her upstairs around 3 am. I think I get a better night's sleep when she's not there spooning with me, but I still want her around. When the A/C wasn't working, she went upstairs and slept on top of the armoire, the highest and hottest point of the house. She'd be there all day. Now that the A/C is working, she's back on the couch or searching for sun spots on the carpet. Why do cats like to be hot?




Good enough update?




Since you asked, here's another picture of Hannah at 8 weeks:







5 Comments:

At 7/29/2011 5:26 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

Squeeeeeeee! I LOVE her! She is so cute! When was she born? I don't ever remember my grandma going to Hall and Oates! You are one rockin' g-ma!

Speaking of which what is your g-ma name? Grandma? Granny? Nana? I have plans already on being called Mimi. My mother and her mother were/are both called Gammy.

Machu Piccu! I have heard that the trek to get there is a wonder in itself! I can't wait to see your pics!

Congrats again! We need to rustle up Swami again as well!

 
At 7/29/2011 5:26 PM, Blogger Zombs said...

My sock puppet guy really is cute.

 
At 7/31/2011 9:03 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

My husband's name was an easy decision: Papa. That's what I called my grandfather and that's what my kids called my father. I like "Papa." I'm Grandma Beth. Let's see how the baby pronounces "Beth!"

Grandmotherhood is a whole new thing these days.

Yes, let's rustle up Swami. I'll send her an email. Did you see your baby's prominent picture on my facebook collage? That's the way the website printed it! They know a cutie when they see one.

 
At 8/04/2011 7:24 AM, Blogger dragonflies said...

What a cutie patootie!

Thanks for the update. I'm excited that people are blogging again!

My cats seek out warm spots as well. I've noticed that the older my cats get, the more they seek out heat.

 
At 8/16/2011 8:07 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Oh my gosh, that is the SWEETEST picture at the end of this post! LOL! Have fun being grandma.

I'm so excited about your trips. I love, love, love your adventuresome spirit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home