Friday, January 21, 2011

Inboxes and Trader Joes

All the emails in my inbox from July 27 to the present have been deleted. They're gone. We've tried everything to restore them and can't do it. I delete, delete, delete and can never seem to catch up to reducing the size of my outlook express. Well, the computer did 6 month's worth for me. I can't remember what was in there, but I do know that the most important email was a video of my daughter's baby's ultrasound.

My favorite items at Trader Joe's are:
1. Their own brand of Pirate's Booty
2. Two-buck Chuck wine
3. TJ's frozen tempura shrimp
4. TJ's 100 calorie 70% dark chocolate bars
5. Mintz's tofutti blintzes
6. TJ's frozen cioppino
7. Trader Ming's frozen Mandarin orange chicken
8. Trader Joe San's tempura chicken
9. TJ's Quinoa (haven't tried it yet, but it's the newest healthfood)
10. Flatbread
11. Jar of marinated red and yellow peppers that I combine with a slice of their inexpensive goat cheese to make a brushetta-type of hors d-oeuvres.
12. So many more that I can't think of right now.

We have a new market here called Sprout's. They have lots of great produce specials and bulk granola. It's right next to the new Buy Buy Baby store, which is owned by Bed Bath and Beyond. It's set up the same way and has merchandise from top to bottom. They're both in the same shopping center as Target which had clearance prices of 50-75% off on baby items, including major items. You can see that I have "baby" on the brain.

7 Comments:

At 1/24/2011 11:04 AM, Blogger dragonflies said...

Sorry to hear about that. Is your Outlook set up to be able to restore deleted emails?

I've never been to Trader Joes. We have one on the East Side of the city, and since I rarely go there...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, BTW. I think I'm back to blogging. Too many eyes on FB.

 
At 1/24/2011 5:20 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

I didn't know that Outlook could be set up to restore deleted emails. Can it be set up that way?I'll have to check that out.

I thought of you today because of Oprah's big FAMILY SECRET...her newly discovered half-sister lives in Milwaukee.

 
At 1/25/2011 1:22 PM, Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I go to Trader Joe's rarely, it is next door to Michael's and I have tried to stay away so as not to spend money there. My Mallory and I went last week, to both places, - Michael's $1 items suckered me in- I was looking for Christmas/New Years/Valentines' cards to send, and found some for $.10 a package. - yes, 10 cents...

But the giggle we got was wandering thru Trader Joe's and we noticed that the brand on the guacamole was Trader Jose's! :-)

 
At 1/29/2011 11:33 AM, Blogger Swami said...

I like Trader Giotto's olive oil. Their naan bread is pretty good too, and their tapioca pudding is divine.

Our Outlook always asks before it does any timed auto delete. I also have several files in Outlook that are exempt from the delete function, so when I get photos from my dd I just drag & drop them into a safe, permanent file. Our inbox gets so darn many emails every day, like about 40, that it is a pain trying to keep up. Especially because Tom is lax about deleting unwanted stuff & I don't delete anything that I think he may want. Which is a lot every day.

How many emails do you usually get every day?

 
At 1/31/2011 6:33 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

I like Michael's $1 tables, too.

My Oulook doesn't automatically delete; it compacts. I get about 10-15 emails a day. I'm trying so hard to sort them into files or delete them right away.

A friend just told me that she loves Trader Joe's eggless egg salad.

 
At 2/02/2011 2:19 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

It's more like 20-30 emails a day, especially since I signed up for a few "buy only today" websites.

 
At 2/07/2011 8:51 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Good luck with the email. Yikes! Did you lose passwords and such for accounts? That's the only stuff I'd be devastated by.

TJ's Jo Jos (Oreos) are delicious. You can see real vanilla beans in the filling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home