Newness
We've got lots of newness around here. We bought a new sofa and dual reclining loveseat and it was delivered today. Who wants our "gently used" and "gently cat-scratched" old ones? I have them posted on craigslist, ebay, and two local colleges' websites. Nary a nibble. My friend's son is moving to his own apartment this weekend, so hopefully he'll take them. If nothing pans out, I'll go to freecycle.com.
More newness: our fantastic 80 degree weather! It's summer in December!
New furnace! Of course, it went out when it was in the 50's (brrr) during the day and 30's at night around Thanksgiving.
New hamburger joint: 5 Guys! I've heard all about it and now we've got one in the new section of the mall.
New vacation plans have been made; next stop: Greece and Turkey. Hopefully, our ship won't get bowled over by waves. It's not a 2000 or 3000 passenger ship; it holds 50 passengers.
My final, but most important newness: my daughter is pregnant! We're in shock at the thought of being the "G" word...shhhh....grandparents. Me? OMG!
Her friend is pregnant with triplets. When I told my friend who is a pediatrician, she told me about one of the new families in her practice. The mom kept having miscarriages so finally they went to a surrogate. Two months into the surrogate's pregnancy, the mom gets pregnant, goes full term , and delivers 4 days before the surrogate delivered! So they now have 4 babies...triplets and a single. A-ma-zing!

9 Comments:
Grandma Puffy! Congrats!
Do the cats like the new sofas? We love our dual reclining sofa, but it sucks for cuddling. Not comfy for that.
Enjoy your cruise and Five Guys! *burp* Seems like the cruise industry is plagued with mishaps recently-good luck. :-) I'm a cruise lover, even with all the news lately.
Maybe I should have the baby call me "Puffy." I'm not sure if I like "grandma" yet.
We got microfiber sofas because, supposedly, cats can't or don't scratch them. We'll see. So far, Cleo still sits on the old ones that we're storing in another room until we get rid of them. We put catnip on her scratching pad, hoping she'll be more interested in that instead of the new sofas.
We have no problem cuddling on the reclining loveseat. We almost got one that had a table-type thing with cup holders and room for storage built into the middle of it, but then we remembered the cuddling factor.
I can hardly wait to try Five Guys!
So Puffy - what's new? (Okay, that was lame.)
We had a microfiber sofa that the cats pretty much never scratched, even though they sat on it regularly. Unfortunately, the sofa had weird, shifting cushions so I gave it away & got a leather one.
Just shut up about the warm weather. Thank you. :)
Never been to 5 Guys.
Greece and Turkey sound great but I still don't like cruises.
Grandma "Puffy". Sounds cute. A little hard to say for a toddler - but then you can fix that, right? I love being a grandma! You get to buy cool books & toys again. Way more fun than having 4 babies would be.
Please let me know how the microfiber thing works with cat hair. I'm considering it for our next sofa. The leather we have is great for cleaning up fur, but sucks for snugglability.
Hooray! Congratulations!
My parents picked names other than grandma and grandpa to be called. Get creative!
I've read on line that microfiber attracts fur. But it's better than scratches. Microfiber is supposed to be fantastic for cleaning up, too.
I saw a book on Amazon that features 700 alternate names for Grandma and Grandpa. What are your parents called, Fro?
I don't like the Hebrew names (Saba for grandpa and Savta for grandma) nor the Yiddish names (Bubbe for grandma and Zaydie for Grandpa).
Here's a website with grandparent names for baby boomers who don't feel old.
http://www.namenerds.com/uucn/granny.html
Congrats on the baby! When is she due?
We have a 5 Guys in our mall. It's always packed.
I have my sights set on a new living room set. Hopefully I'll get it this year (2011).
The fur on the microfiber wipes right off with my hand! Unreal. She doesn't even try to scratch it, either.
My daughter is due at the end of May. I'll be flying out for the baby shower the beginning of May, too.
I think we should come up with a nickname for you.
I had a MeMe and a SiSi - I don't know where or why we started calling MeMe, MeMe but the Si-Si was from the Cherokee word E-li-si for grandmother.
I like Nonny myself. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home