Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Another update so soon?

Yep, here it is, another update. Nothing much to say, but it's still an update. I'm watching Survivor Palau on OLN right now. Stephanie just merged with Koror and Coby got booted. Janu just threw up. Blech.

Miscellaneous items:

I think the two former drug addicts on TAR should use the $20,000 that they won to buy some drugs.

I know someone whose parents know Les Moonves' parents.

The fire in the Los Padres National Forest that you've been seeing on TV for the last two weeks is about 10 miles from here. It makes for some beautiful sunsets.

I read a great book: "Bad Girl Creek" by Jo-Ann Mapson. By googling it, I discovered that it's the first in a series. Here's a little description of it:

From the acclaimed author of The Wilder Sisters comes this bittersweet, deeply moving story of four displaced women who unite to run a flower farm, heal their hearts, and real- ize the depth and necessity of friendship.

Phoebe Thomas has lived life as a spectator, confined to a wheelchair, in awe of her beloved Aunt Sadie and overshadowed by her financial wizard brother, James. But when Sadie dies, leaving her a flower farm, the world opens up to Phoebe in ways she could never have imagined. Taking in three roommates to help get the farm running, she finds herself, for the first time in her life, part of a close circle of woman friends. Each displaced from her home, these four women form an invaluable bond as they help one another learn to change their lives.

Set against the gorgeous backdrop of California's central coast, Bad Girl Creek is the inspiring story of how friendship and purpose can transform even the most compromised of women, as well as situations. With her rich, melodic prose and charming wit, Jo-Ann Mapson enchantingly chronicles female strength, family complexities, life crises, the use of humor as a curative power, and love in all its many aspects. Bad Girl Creek is a breathless and pitch-perfect tragicomedy of female friendship in the new American West.

A couple of comics and we're out of here...





12 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 4:55 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

Sorry the 2nd comic is too small to read. It wouldn't publish if I made it larger. Click on it and you'll be able to read it. Oh well.

 
At 9/20/2006 6:00 PM, Blogger ~Nutz said...

LOL @ the TAR addicts and the second comic :)

Aren't those fires skeery?

 
At 9/20/2006 8:32 PM, Blogger Puffy said...

The fires are scary when I can see them. I can see these fires over the horizon sometimes and I can see the smoke and red haze in the sky. Lucky for me, they are in the direction where I rarely travel. I usually go south and the fires are north of me.

 
At 9/21/2006 6:56 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

If James and Tyler purchase some XTC then they need to visit me while they are rolling. (I don't want any, but guys who are rolling really, really like to kiss!)

 
At 9/21/2006 7:39 AM, Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Eeek, stay safe from the fires!

 
At 9/21/2006 8:13 AM, Blogger Schnookie said...

I've been watching Palau off and on. I forgot how funny Stephanie's eyebrows looked as they started growing back in LOL.

Woohoo! I know someone who know's someone whose parents know Les Moonves' parents.

I really can't imagine having forest fires so close. So skeery!!!

That book sounds like something I'd enjoy. I may have to go get it.

*smoochies* for Puffy

 
At 9/21/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

Nookie, now that I know about the sequels to the book, I want to get them, too.

 
At 9/21/2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Swami said...

I like the Shady Gardener. I have lots of shady gardens.

I hope the fire stays far, far away from you.

I don't like wholesome books. Give me perversion, murder, aliens or at least one vampire!

 
At 9/22/2006 8:03 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

Swami, the fire has been going on ever since Labor Day-almost 3 weeks! It's 40% contained. And the Santa Ana dry winds will be kicking up to 60 mph over the weekend. The weather isn't helping either. It will be 74 today, but in the 90's over the weekend.

 
At 9/23/2006 4:06 AM, Blogger yvonne said...

Does the air smell like a fireplace, Puffy? When I lived in Tampa we had a few years of drought and of course the wildfires would start. I'd go outside in the morning and it smelled just like a fireplace. Of course smelling a fireplace in the middle of July is quite odd. :-)

LOL@ the comics!

 
At 9/23/2006 8:54 AM, Blogger Puffy said...

Once in a while the wind blows this way and we can smell it. But in this case, it's far enough away that we don't feel like we're living in a fireplace. My friend who lives closer to the fire says there's ashes all over her yard and car.

 
At 9/27/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I'm just looking around for extra Gap certificates when you are done giving them to Samboohoo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home